Sunday, October 21, 2007

Samcheon-po

Wow, it's been a while. since i last posted, my grandfather passed away and we had a great family send off for him. tough times for my mum and aunts, but he had 94 years and, while it was sad for us, it was great to remember him.

i was also offered and accepted a teaching position at Samcheon-po, a small port city in Korea. public elementary school position which i have now been teaching in for one week. beautiful blue skies, with a beach and surrounded by mountains, i'm one of only a few foreigners in town. here's some pics from the mountain to the west of the city i climbed with Brian and Mrs Lee, a co-teacher from school.



The red and white towers in the distance are not leftover sets from the movie Contact, rather a coal-burning powerplant. quite interesting focal point of the area.


more tombs which Mrs Lee said were of no great significance, but i think they're spectacular.



from my rooftop seats, the mountain we climbed after sunset.


my apartment is great, and i'm slowly getting furnished. the staff at school struggle with their english a little, but they're all fantastic. i'm very happy to be here.

Adventure
a few weeks ago, i was adamant i would travel for some time, but upon reaching NZ, i just couldn't bring myself to do so. i was lonely, sad, a little depressed, and missing people a lot. and the thought of traveling alone conjured up memories of traveling thru China by myself for a while. it wasn't all bad, but in the end, i really didn't enjoy it. i'll never regret that travel, but the next excursion i do i intend to do so with someone else.

call me weak, or pathetic, or whatever. i have already. reflecting upon how i've lived my life, i've usually done everything for myself, and it's just not fulfilling anymore. anyways, that's my excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home