Sunday, August 05, 2007

news and olds

new apartment. new roomies. new bed. rah.

moved into Jeanine and Heidi's place a little over a week ago and it's been all good. i'm living with two wonderful ladies, so i can't be a sloth-like pig for the next few weeks, which is sad, but true. good news is we all get on really well. Jeanine is fun, and modest too.

work is quite busy now that Brian and Andy have gone. Paul, from NZ, has arrived, and another new teacher will be arriving soon, so in the meantime, we're covering the classes. it's not all bad, as the kids are cool and i'm enjoying most of it. means for a long day at work though. we're in the middle of a summer intensive period, so we're at work at 9am and leaving at around 930pm.

only a few weeks left for me on my contract. i'm counting, but i'm not counting that much. to be honest, the time's flying, which is great and not so great. not completely certain what i'll do after, which is the not so great part. the great part is that i'm completing something for the first time in ages. apart from backpacking, i felt like i hadn't completed anything since university, and even there, i pissed about and underachieved. now is a little different. feel confident of myself committing to work/pets/plants/people fully.

and in news with my old room mate, i'm still pissed off with him. Paul pointed out that i was holding a grudge for a reason. on friday, the guy yelled at a workmate and when i found out about it, Paul saw a flash in my eye. like i wanted an excuse to do something. violent or verbal, i want to attack him quite a lot. won't deny it. hopefully admitting it to myself will help me get over it. can't say it has yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger odd-one-out said...

Hey Chris, ...so only 18 working days to go? Damn! Can understand your dilemma between holidays and new assignment. Usually I find it helpful to follow my gut instinct - once you start reflecting, the brain starts to make everything more complicated than it actually is, and when you ignore the guts, they will remind you later that you made the wrong decision, cus no matter how well reasoned the decision was, it will always feel wrong. ...and if that doesn't help, go for the holidays! Jobs come and go, but spending time with friends is precious ;-)

1:32 PM  
Blogger the Emperor Fabulous said...

17 days, haha (said like Lancelot in Pythons holy grail). me thinking is over. holiday is it!

7:09 AM  
Blogger odd-one-out said...

Hmmm... decided to simply ignore the coincidence of me posting my opinion and you taking your decision. Therefore I'll claim my rightful position as puppet master, playing the minds of the common people. *Dr. Evil(ish) villain laugh* MUHWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home