Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Guess who's coming to Europe... an anti-headsock

Well, it’s funny how these things work themselves out. A while ago, I told my co-teacher informally that I was planning to quit, but she waited that while to tell the principal and education board officer of my intent, which resulted in a very quick, negative reaction towards me. On Monday, I was asked to go for a meeting which didn’t go pleasantly. Sparing the gory details, when it was obvious that I wasn’t changing my mind, I was greeted with a few minutes of silence, then asked to move on sooner than I intended. Upshot of that meeting is that I finish in Samcheon-Po on May 31. I’m a little worried the reaction of the school and Edu board will hurt my employment opportunities in the future, but for now, I’m off to Europe and North Africa… somehow.

Dee and I are hoping to take the Trans-Siberian, although it’s proving a little difficult to organise ourselves through the bureaucratic nuances. No worries though. Getting some help from a few people (thanks guys).

I’ve got a lot to organise and no real clues as to what I’m doing once I get to “where the history comes from,” (Eddie Izzard), but any suggestions, any offers of a bed, a couch, a floor, or a beer would be greatly appreciated. Please do email, message, carrier-pigeon.

As for a farewell to Samcheon-po, I think I’ll write it another time. To be honest, I’m a little upset with the reaction I've received in the past couple of days. Best to leave it for a week or 3, methinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home