Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Black Heart part deux

If you haven't read the Black Heart post, this may make less sense. Read that first.

I will address the living issues first because, I get the feeling that if i sort these out, the work issues won't seem too important.

overall health and fitness
basically, i'm not very healthy and my fitness is gone down the gurgler (Satanic chicken worshipper here). i got a head cold a month ago and i've still got it. my basic rule for health while i'm sick is not going to the gym until i'm over it, but it's not going away. what do i do? stay sick and get unhealthier overall?!

what i will do:
i'm just gonna go back to the gym and see how i feel. it can only make a sick boy feel worse.

the problem diet
working late cuts down my eating options, as few places are open after 10pm; I don't like much Korean food; the break time I have between classes is too short to do anything other than eat at work (sometimes i enjoy the food) or eat from the restaurants nearby (if tofu soup is on the menu at work); result is I have the perfect excuse to eat a ton of junkfood or takeaways.

what I will do:
cook a big meal at home earlier in the day and eat less at work (for this, I would need to go to Seoul once a week to buy the food I want to cook); go to the market twice a week (this shouldn't be difficult) for fruit and veges; hunt for a decent orange juice.

the outdoors and activities
snow is likely this week and it's going to be cold until march apparently. i really enjoy going for walks, climbing hills/mountains, and cycling, but due to the weather, i won't go (i hate danger on mountains). so i'm going nuts already, and that nuts looks more like couch-potato syndrome (think Homer Simpson, but lazy).

what I will do:
join a sports team or club that does something physically challenging EVERY weekend. indoor football or something would be a good outlet while I wait for the mountains to be easily climb-able (spelling?) again.

boredom
when i'm not working, i'm bored. this is probably why i'm living vicariously through the internet. this, in effect, is creating more boredom (i can only read about rugby and the Iraq war so much). there are no events on my weekly plan that aren't work related, and few that are.

what i will do:
i'd say joining a sports club and cooking at home will make me less bored (i love cooking). also, i've got five books on my dresser that i'm avoiding reading in case i don't want to put them down. I've also started writing another book - will post some stuff after these diatribes into happier and healthier living.

comments
any suggestions, don't be shy.

2 Comments:

Blogger eric uhlich said...

suggestions:
1) get a bicycle.
2) come visit Tokyo.
Though I like your solutions; very proactive.
otto

6:01 AM  
Blogger the Emperor Fabulous said...

cheers, Master Roberts,

i'm planning a trip to Tokyo, maybe for new years. will have to decide soon!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home