Saturday, February 03, 2007

my book

turns out my book hasn't grown wings and won't be flying to a Dymocks (or other chain store) near you. i'm not so fussed about being a dismal failure as a writer, however i am a bit gutted that people won't ever get to read it.

so, to combat this, i'm blogging it to In the fading light of Ling Xi. i'll be blogging a few chapters every week, so please, check it out.

The title, as you may surmise, is In the fading light of Ling Xi, and it's a non-fiction acccount of me backpacking through China. I'll highlight a few chapters (the ones i really want people to read) if you don't want to read everything.

comments are welcome.

3 Comments:

Blogger odd-one-out said...

Wish you'd post more at a time. Kinda hard for me to get into the flow if I'm done reading after a few minutes ...but maybe that's just me and I'll just have to wait a few weeks and then read a few chapters in one go. How long is your book anyway?
Oh, and first comment: Telling people what a "dismal failure as a writer" you are and pointing out the "poor use of language, vocabulary and syntax" doesn't sound too inviting - even as a stylistic device to spark interest in those who might strive to proof you wrong ;-)

2:24 PM  
Blogger the Emperor Fabulous said...

thanks for the comments, as always, Katrin. i've edited a few things and will post more chapters at a time.

the book's 80,000 words, so not massive. it's 29 chapters plus the short prologue.

please let me know what you think.

6:25 PM  
Blogger odd-one-out said...

Thanks for posting more at a time. Will copy the chapters and read them on my way to Spain. Looking forward to that :-) Will post comments when I'm back (14th ...ish).

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home