Wednesday, February 07, 2007

unpredictable

unpredictable: without cause for predicable behaviour

intractable: uncontrollable; unable to be managed

contrary: not in agreement; not aligned

detached: not attached

these attributes could be the "dark side" of my personality. a workmate was looking up horoscope attributes, and when i saw mine, i took note. i think they're quite a good short roundup of my less than sociable qualities.

i don't know what other people think of me (jeez, i don't know what i think of myself), but when i saw "intractable", i thought it was kind of bad, but then i got to thinking. i really like that no one controls me. i know negative connotations come up about that, and if it's true about how i live life, it could explain why my working life hasn't been all fun (i don't mind work, but i struggle as an employee).

i think the detached thing is quite true too, sometimes good, sometimes bad. having been privy to friends suffering, i know i care. so detached doesn't mean careless. however i don't really see my life as impacting on others very much, which isn't true but i struggle to see where it does. i sometimes wish someone would ring a bell, or give me a lapel pin every time i impact their life, then i'm sure i wouldn't be so blasé about relationships. that's the thing though: i'm not blasé when caring about friendships and family. ah, i don't really know myself.

in book news, my book blog, In the fading light of Ling Xi is ready for your readership. thanks to those who have partaken of having a look. feel free to leave a comment, praise or turky-basting, as you see fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home